Sunday, September 13, 2015

Cute Classroom Theme-based Decorations

I have been teaching for a long time-long enough to have two of my daughters follow me into teaching. I am humbled by their incredible creativity. Each year them send me pictures of what they have done in their room and each year I am totally impressed. I asked permission to share a couple of their ideas with you and, today is that day.

First, there is Grand Central Reading Station.  This is an excellent example of how to make a reading space that kids will want to use.


The train is actually a bookcase. I love all the little details.


Every train station has a bench for waiting. This one is no different, but I do have to say that this one looks a lot more comfortable!


This is a way to keep track of how the kids are doing.

The great Safari decorations were fun to see. Welcome to a classroom where everyone belongs!


The little plastic safari hats add to the pictures, which are actually placemats from Botswana. The African animal borders complete the picture.


Have you ever used a theme to decorate your room? What did you use? I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment